Einreichungsreif (Doktorvater) od durchgefallen (Gutachter)?

Jahresarchiv
myfunnyvalentine

Re: Einreichungsreif (Doktorvater) od durchgefallen (Gutacht

Beitrag von myfunnyvalentine »

No offence - but if your German is as poor as your English, this might be a reason why, all of a sudden, your DV rejects
your thesis. Additionally, it might also explain why, at some point, misunderstandings occured. Sorry if this sounds too harsh :)

I keep wondering why your DV - if he just wants to get rid of you - keeps suggesting that you should withdraw your thesis.
Why does he not simply let you fail?
An open letter to the President of the Uni or to the Hochschulverband could also be an option.
Sorry again, but what would be the point? Do not make a fool out of yourself!
You should keep in mind that you do not have any ‘right’ to the title. As unfair as this sounds - why don't you
bite the bullet and re-submit your thesis elsewhere? There is no use to tilt at windmills...

Again: No offence!
Laplace

Beitrag von Laplace »

In German: "Ich würde Geschreibsel in einem Forum nicht auf die Goldwaage legen." I guess, the quality of a thesis should exceed the quality of a www-posting by an order of magnitude :D Nevertheless, an open letter to the university president seems to be a good chance to make a fool of one self..... I myself would think twice about this. I can only suggest to talk to your colleages at your institute or university or other friends - they might have better advices than some strange people from the internet :coffee:
vladimir

Beitrag von vladimir »

No offence - but if your German is as poor as your English, this might be a reason why, all of a sudden, your DV rejects
your thesis. Additionally, it might also explain why, at some point, misunderstandings occured. Sorry if this sounds too harsh
No, that is not the point. My American friend (a journalist) has proofread the thesis (grammar and style) a few times. Yes, I could do some mistakes here, but because of my present emotional state.
Why does he not simply let you fail?
Why are you so sure I would fail? By the way, the correct order of the words in your question would be "why does not he simply let you fail?". :)
You should keep in mind that you do not have any ‘right’ to the title. As unfair as this sounds - why don't you bite the bullet and re-submit your thesis elsewhere?
If so, the Promotion seems to be a game. Actually, I wouldn't participate this game, if I knew before, that my DV could lead me to the failure...
If the Promotion is a game -- why can not I have the same failure elsewhere after, say, one or two years of additional work?
I can only suggest to talk to your colleages at your institute or university or other friends - they might have better advices than some strange people from the internet.
Thank you for the suggestion, but they tell me nothing... They are just scared to get into the same situation. :? And it proves a Promotion to be a game of DV with his or her student. Do you find such state of affairs as normal?
The quality of the work of the student is proved on the defense. But how can be proved the quality of the work of DV?
myfunnyvalentine

vladimir hat geschrieben:Why are you so sure I would fail?

Well, that is what you told us! See, for instance, your first and second post. 8)
You said that your DV is going to let you fail, which is why he suggested withdrawing the thesis in the first place...
vladimir hat geschrieben:By the way, the correct order of the words in your question would be "why does not he simply let you fail?". :)
Ähm, no. That is just incorrect syntax. It would be correct, however, to say "why doesn't he simply let you fail?"...
vladimir hat geschrieben: If so, the Promotion seems to be a game. Actually, I wouldn't participate this game, if I knew before, that my DV could lead me to the failure... If the Promotion is a game -- why can not I have the same failure elsewhere after, say, one or two years of additional work?
But that is a risk you have to take! It is the same with every exam. You cannot assume to finish a degree just because you put a lot of effort into it, can you? Although this might sound like a game to you - everything else would be a mere joke!

By the way - you did not answer my question: Why don't you re-submit your thesis elsewhere?
vladimir

Beitrag von vladimir »

You said that your DV is going to let you fail, which is why he suggested withdrawing the thesis in the first place...
Sorry, I don't understand your English in full measure (you may feel free to answer in German), but I didn't tell anything like that. I told my DV is going to mark my thesis with "failure", and despite the opinion of the second Gutachter, he provoked me to withdraw it (even with some violation of the formal procedure of withdrawal). That is what I said.
You cannot assume to finish a degree just because you put a lot of effort into it, can you?
I assumed, that if my DV evaluates my thesis as "ready to submit", he would not mark it with "failure" next. If he as a DV would evaluate it as "ready to failure", it would be at least a honest solution.
By the way - you did not answer my question: Why don't you re-submit your thesis elsewhere?
It is formally impossible. I have a Zulassung only for this uni and it is not convertible.
Anne123

Beitrag von Anne123 »

Are you are EU-citizen? If yes, there are definetely ways to find another university.
Bild
myfunnyvalentine

but I didn't tell anything like that
At least one of us seems to be lost in translation... I leave it up to you to decide...
Gesperrt
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag