scholarship policy

Jahresarchiv
chongtzuhuei

scholarship policy

Beitrag von chongtzuhuei »

guten tag,
ich bin frau chong tzu huei von malaysia. i have my bachelor and masters degree in architecture from (http://www.architecture.rmit.edu.au/). i did also do an exchange in TU Berlin for 2 semesters from 2011 till 2012. now i am interested to do my doctorate back with TU Berlin again. as a foreigner, some rules in gaining scholarship might be different i suppose?

i have tried enquiring with DAAD and they do not accept people/students who have lived or been in germany more than 15months. my question is any other scholarship providers are more flexible, could also be specified in architecture, cater for foreigner like me from malaysia.

please advice further. hope to hear from you all soon.
vielen vielen dank.
Penguin

Re: scholarship policy

Beitrag von Penguin »

Hi Chong Tzu Huei,

I would suggest to find a supervisor at the TU Berlin first. S/he should be able to point you to funding sources or offer you a PhD position. Scholarships are not as common in Germany as in Australia, most PhD students are employed with a grant of the supervisor.

Good luck!
Penguin
chongtzuhuei

hi penguin.
thanks for your respond. its been helpful.

what you are saying is that normally the students/phd holders are employed with the university & professor/supervisor. indirectly thats how they receive their grant? is there a chance for a private application, which means i will apply on my own when i have completed all my paperworks (eg: consent to do my phd in TUB, consent from supervisor, consent of my topic, have a proper residence permit etc...)?

or do you think its only a very slim chance for foreigners like me? only as a student and most likely will have to work part-time etc...

danke nochmals!
qc
Penguin

Beitrag von Penguin »

You def can try to apply for your own scholarship! There are a few available, but you should read the policies carefully to what extent you are eligible for any of them (e.g. nationality). People here in this forum discuss the different scholarships, the preparation for the application and so on. Again, good luck!
chongtzuhuei

ich stimme dir zu. its always tough being a foreigner in a foreign country.we can only hope for good news. und vielen vielen dank!
chongtzuhuei

hey there.
again. in regards to "the different scholarships, the preparation for the application and so on..." do you mind attaching useful links here? or you can write them/those topics here in german. then i could browse those further after reading the current ones on the forum.
thanks again.
chongtzuhuei

and also. must i have c2 german language proficiency for scholarship application?!
sleeping ladybeetle

Beitrag von sleeping ladybeetle »

As far as I know you do not need C2 (unless German is relevant for your project in some way). However, A2 often is a requirement (if I remember correctly).
chongtzuhuei

and also. for example. say in berlin germany.

may i know where to certify copies of my 'english university qualification/certificate papers'?
i have heard of Bürgeramt and its 5euro/page? but do they certify english copies? or only in german? anywhere you know of that is cheap?
sleeping ladybeetle

Beitrag von sleeping ladybeetle »

Yes, the Bürgerarmt does that kind of thing (but I don't know in which department.) I thought the 5 Euros were for the whole thing, not per page (but I might be wrong). In any case, the university usually also provides some sort of service for certified copies (which should be cheaper than the Bürgerarmt). I think the secretary of your deparment should know where you can get your certificates copied.
Gesperrt