The selected candidates will be employed full-time by TU Wien. Entry level salary (40 hours/week) is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff with a minimum salary of currently EUR 2929 EUR/month gross (PhD student), and 3889.50 EUR/month gross (Postdoc), 14 times/year.
For this position, a very good Diploma or Master university degree in computer science, informatics, mathematics, business informatics, or a related discipline is expected for the PhD student, and an excellent PhD in a related field for the Postdoc.
- A creative environment in Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world
- A young and international team of researchers
- Supervision and support by world-class researchers
- A work environment that is well-equipped with the newest hardware and software technology
- Continuing personal and professional education
- The possibility to present your research results at international top conferences
- The opportunity for stays abroad at international partner universities
- In-depth interest in scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research
- The ability to develop methods, concepts, and models, as well as their realization and evaluation
- The willingness to contribute to an industry-oriented scientific project
- Very good programming skills
- Very good knowledge about and passion for distributed systems
- Knowledge in blockchain technology or cryptography is a plus
- Very good scientific communication and writing skills
- Very good knowledge in English communication and writing
- Prior experience as research assistant, as documented by project results or scientific publications, is a plus for the PhD position
Deadline for applications: July 31st, 2020. For further information please contact Associate Prof. Stefan Schulte (firstname.lastname@example.org) and see www.dsg.tuwien.ac.at.