Around 50 young scientists are currently working towards their PhD in our program; just over a third come from Germany, the rest from around the world. Twenty-five eminent group leaders provide project supervision, plus expertise and infrastructure across the following traditionally separate fields:
- Biochemistry & structural biology
- Bioinformatics & computational biology
- Molecular & cellular biology
- Developmental biology & genetics
- Genomics & proteomics
- Microbiology and microbiome science
- Evolutionary biology & ecology
• Cutting-edge research projects and excellent facilities
• Full funding through doctoral fellowships
• Structured support through a personal thesis advisory committee
• Supporting curriculum with many optional courses
• International environment with English as the working language
• Personal assistance with relocation
Our program is based in Tuebingen, a hotspot for science and research in southwest Germany. Tuebingen is home to one of Germany’s oldest universities and numerous top-level research institutes. Compact and friendly, with a beautiful medieval town centre, modern Tuebingen has a lively, international feel, with cultural and entertainment opportunities to rival larger cities. For international travel, Stuttgart International Airport is reached in 20 minutes.
Apply now to join in Summer/Fall 2019
Apply online via www.imprs.tuebingen.mpg.de.
Deadline for the application February 15, 2019; short-listed candidates will be interviewed during April 8-12, 2019.